In MerusCase, you have the ability to track the date referred, inside a case. You can also add parties to the case, that are involved in the referral. You can use the Referrals Report to get a list of all cases that have a date referred, along with more information about the referrer, the case, and the referral type.
Filling out Referral Information in the Case and Parties Section
1. To add the date referred, go to Cases > Browse Cases.
2. Search for the case and click into it. On the Case Details tab, on the right side in the Case Info section, click Edit.
3. Scroll down until you see the field Date Referred. Add a date in this box.
4. To add information about the parties involved in the referral, go to the Parties tab of the case. Click Add More on the right side.
5. Search for the party you would like to add, move your cursor over that row, and select Add & Edit on the right side.
6. Scroll down to the People Type section and click into the dropdown menu. There are a few referral people types you can choose from, such as Referral (Outbound), Referral Recipient, and Referral Source (Inbound). After making your selection, click Save at the top. The party is now added to the case.
Now that you have added the date referred and the parties involved in the referral, you can run the Referrals Report.
1. Go to Reports > Overview.
2. Search for "Referrals" and click on the report.
3. Select the criteria you want to run the report with. If you select View Report, this will open a new tab and allow you to view it. However, if you select Export, you will have the option to export to Excel, CSV or XML.
PLEASE NOTE: The report takes the date the case was originally entered, as the criteria for whether it will appear on the report in the specified time. For example, if you entered a case 5 months ago, but you only run the report for the last 7 days as shown in the screenshot above, then that case would not appear on this report.
The columns on the Referrals Report are:
- Case Number
- Date Entered
- Referral Type (The people type of the party on the case involved in the referral)
- Case Type
- Case Status